An IDE is a software application that provides features to computer programmers for software development. An IDE consists of a source code editor, build automation tools, and a debugger. Most modern IDEs have intelligent code completion.
In this article, we suggest you the best free editor for web languages. It is available for a lot of time and it has already won a lot of users trust.
One of the most important feature of a code editor and IDE is advanced auto-completion. This program includes advanced auto-completion which saves a lot of your time and eliminates the possibility of useless errors.
This software also includes the built-in PHP debugger which execute scripts step by step. You can sequentially move through the lines of code, assign check points, view the process of the work of loops, and monitor the values of all variables during the script execution.
Useful Functions and Features
- Pair highlighting of tags and brackets – this will help you not to have such syntax errors
- Highlighting of code blocks, selection and collapsing of code snippets
- Bookmarks to make navigation easy on the edited file
- Recognition and Building of the complete structure of PHP projects
- Support for multiple interface languages including English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Chinese
- Compatibility with the following OS: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS, Linux, Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
CodeLobster IDE also comes with a paid professional version which contains even more features.
- Work with projects on remote servers through built-in FTP client. You can edit the files, preview them, and then synchronize the changes.
- Extensions for PHP frameworks including but not limited to Laravel, Phalcon, CakePHP, CodeIgniter, and Yii
- Special plugin for Bootstrap
All plugins can be downloaded and installed directly from the program. CodeLobster works fast, does not hang, and works perfectly with the large PHP projects.
You can download the CodeLobster IDE from the Official Website.